A series of workshops was conducted in two public Kindergartens in Zakho City about "Inclusive and Special Needs Education" by a team of lecturers from the University of Zakho
A team of professors from the University of Zakho, whose names are listed below, are currently participating in the “Inclusive Education and Special Education” program in Germany which is run by three German universities: Vechta, Oldenburg, and Europa-University, and financially supported by DAAD, conducted a series of workshops. The team delivered the workshops for two Kindergartens in Zakho city entitled "How to Prepare and Provide an Educational Environment Based on the Concepts of Inclusive Education".
The workshops aim to improve the level of knowledge of kindergarten staff about a variety of topics in education. Moreover, it is to consolidate the concept of inclusive education in kindergartens so that it becomes a foundation for all students to accept each other despite all the differences among them and lead one another in a spirit of peace.
It is worth mentioning that a set of workshops was held on February 18 and 19, 2023, at Pelin Kindergarten in Zakho City. Furthermore, on February 25 and 26, 2023, another set of workshops was held at Lanaz Kindergarten in Zakho City.
The team of the University of Zakho that conducted the workshop consisted of:
- Dr. Zahid S. Mohammed - Assistant Professor in the Department of General Psychology.
- Dr. Hariwan Z. Ibrahim - Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics.
- Dr. Nizar I. Ali - Lecturer in the Department of Psychology.
- Mr. Ivan H. Murad - Assistant Professor in the Department of English.
- Mr. Khorsheed M. Rasheed - Assistant Professor in the Department of English.
- Ms. Vaman A. Mohammed - Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Psychology.
- Ms. Berivan M. Ahmad - Lecturer in English Department.
- Ms. Kazhin H. Kru - Assistant lecturer in the Department of Psychology.
Noteworthy, the topics discussed in the workshops are as follows:
- Social and Emotional Behaviors
- Cognitive Skills
- Cooperative Learning
- Class Management
- An Introduction to the LAYA Website Platform
The team will continue delivering similar workshops for other public kindergartens in Zakho City.