The purpose of the development of medical education methods in the college of Medicine is predominantly to graduate excellent physicians in order to help and service in hospital and community services. For this purpose, it is useful to observe and analyze how medical education system is carried out in the college of medicine at the University of Zakho. Integrated health system is therefore one of the important key for medical education because basic medical sciences learning within the context of clinical and professional practice and is thought by students to be more meaningful and applicable.
1. Developing mechanisms to encourage academic staff of the college to contribute fully to develop integrated curriculum and up-to-date with all that is new in medicine.
2. Changing the idea of classical teaching method into a comprehensive learning process.
3. Developing students’ independent study skills for life-long learning processes.
4. Providing very early clinical experience and community training.
5. Preparing medical students to study and practice the medical for the duration of their lives very professionally.
6. Regularly checking the learning and teaching process, taking feedback from student and then modify accordingly.
7. Improving the student assessment system towards clinical problem solving and questions that motivate the critical thinking of students.
8. Changing the way of learning from teacher centered to student centered learning by allowing students to share idea with other students in the small group session.
Our education system will graduate proficient, reflective, carrying physicians educated with a wide range of general and practical training. Our students are generally committed to the medicine practice as professionals contact to patient with very early clinical experiences and family health service, with a commitment to excellence through lifelong learning styles.
The undergraduate medical education system at college of Medicine, Zakho University, commits to being a development program of choice to improve professional education methods and learning.
University of Zakho
College of Medicine
Department of Medical Education Development
Zakho International Road, Duhok, Kurdistan Region-Iraq, P. O. Box 12
Phone1: +964 xxx xxxxxxx
|Dijwar Salih Ibrahim||Department of Medical Education Development||Assist. Lecturer|
|Hanan Abdulqader Abdullah||Department of Medical Education Development||Assist. Lecturer|
|Lina Yousif Mohammed||Department of Medical Education Development||Lecturer|
|Ahmad Hamdy Ibrahim||Department of Medical Education Development||Lecturer|
|Fawzi Adil Issa||Department of Medical Education Development||Lecturer|
|Lazgin Abdi Jamil||Department of Medical Education Development||Professor||
|Husham Bayazed||Department of Medical Education Development||Professor|