The system for the acceptance of students for all of the universities in the Kurdistan Region is centralized. As a result, the University of Zakho participates in a centralized admission procedure, which is conducted by the ‘Central Admission Bureau of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research’ – Kurdistan Regional Government. The graduates of the “Secondary School Baccalaureate Examination” apply to the desired department via a computerized application site called “Zanko Line”. The selection of a given faculty or college depends on the students’ graduation degrees at the secondary school. This process is only available for secondary school graduates and they will be accepted at universities and institutions in the Kurdistan Region. International students are required to equalise their academic certificates at the ‘Directorate of Evaluation and Assessment’ in Erbil, For more information click here. As a result, the University of Zakho accepts students annually to all of their scientific departments. After their acceptance in this process the students are obliged to contact the General Registration Directorate at the University of Zakho for their certainty of approval in the desired scientific department. Furthermore, the students from outside of Zakho are given accommodations by the Directorate of Dormitory. After this process, the students join the scientific program of the nominated department at the University of Zakho at no cost.
The university awards the following undergraduate degrees:
- BA (Bachelor of Arts), See Faculty website .
- BSc (Bachelor of Science), See Faculty website .
- BEd (Bachelor of Education), See Faculty website .
Registration's Requirements Acceptance of students at the University of Zakho
- Iraqi nationality or any other nationality.
- Holds an Iraqi high school Degree or any other equivalent high school degree.
- Medical tests certificate.
- Graduates of the last school year and the past three years that precede it and is not admitted to any college or institute in the country or private college.
- The first quarter of the graduates of Islamic high schools in Islamic Sciences, Arabic language, and History departments of the School of Arts.
- The first quarter of the graduates of vocational high shchools in Computer Sciences, Commerce and Banking, and Business Economic Departments.
- The graduates of branches in the professional morning schools and secondary professional evenings schools are allowed to apply to the Board of Technical Education but the rates of their acceptance is determined in accordance with plan requirements for admission of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- The registration procedure is carried out by the Zanko line .
In the University of Zakho, every one can register by using Zanko Line website.
The requirements for registration in the University of Zakho are aforementioned in the Registration's Requirements section of this page.
You can see the details of each degree awarded by visiting the following websites: